Political Culture - Social Studies Nine Review Questions
Social Studies Nine Review Questions – Political Culture
1) What is the difference between an MLA and an MP?
2) How many ridings do we have in Nova Scotia? How many of these ridings does a political party need to win to form a majority government?
3) What is the difference between a federal government and a provincial government?
4) Name four things the federal government have control over? Why do they have control over these specific things?
5) Name four things the provincial government have control over? Why do they have control over these specific things?
6) What is the difference between a premier and prime minister? How does one become a premier or prime minister?
7) Why is it important to take part in the political process?
8) Explain three ways you can be part of the political process?
9) What are three ways you can be a political activist?
10) What is the job of a lobbyist?
11) Why is the media so important to politicians and shaping political culture?
12) What are two advantages to being part of a labour union?
13) How can you use new media to influence politicians and shape political culture?
13) What does NGO stand for? And what is the role of an NGO?